Thursday, December 24, 2009

An Equine gift

First off, I'd like to wish everyone a Merry Christmas. And in a lovely red font, no less.

This year I thought it would be nice to paint something as a Christmas gift for my daughter. She's a lover of animals, especially horses. I watch her when we go on walks, and the curiosity, respect and genuine love she has for animals is amazing to me. Her affection for the equine creatures comes as no surprise; what with they're strength, beauty and independence they seem to issue as they gallop.

No doubt this is a departure from the subject matter I've been working with lately. But at the risk of sounding cliche', I must say it was quite therapeutic. The subject matter, indeed; but more so the idea this will be given to a person I love dearly. I hope she enjoys it.
















No comments:

Post a Comment