Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Cthulhu Mini Bust~Komoda

I recently finished painting this gratuitously detailed little 2" resin bust. Sculpted by the undisputed master of all things squishy, tentacled and bizarre, Paul Komoda. Produced by Artist Proof Studio, and sold out, too. However, APS have decided to produce this cool little piece as a pre-paint in the very near future, so keep your eyes peeled for that.
         My original intent was to paint the creature pink, but after playing around with those colors, I thought it looked too much like one of those vibrantly colored, tropical aquarium ornaments. So pushed the pink back with some gray/green, but still tried to maintain a somewhat muted vibrancy. I really enjoyed painting this bust. Paul Komoda always imbues such amazing detail, it's just difficult to know when to stop painting. This little Elder God is going into my personal display cabinet. 


































No comments:

Post a Comment